THE OFFICE OF
MISSION INTEGRATION & MINISTRY
“Mary’s apostolic mission is to form all persons into the most perfect conformity with the God-Man Christ, her Son.”
-Blessed William Joseph Chaminade
In order to foster the awareness and knowledge of Chaminade College Preparatory’s mission according to the Marianist’s values and our Catholic identity, the office of Mission Integration organizes discussions and activities among key stakeholder groups, including students, faculty, staff, administration, Mission Integration Teams, Campus Ministry, parents, and board of trustees. Therefore, the following objectives are the key-stakeholders that guide and promote the efforts of the office of Mission Integration:
- Monitor the growth of the implementation of the Characteristics of Marianist Education and Marianist philosophy, while promoting the language and concepts that are used to grow in knowledge and appreciation of the Catholic and Marianist educational traditions
- Advise the President and Executive Council on how considerations of mission, Marianists sponsorship, and Catholic principles could help frame and guide deliberations on key questions related to strategy, policy, and practice at Chaminade College Preparatory.
- Provide quarterly reports to the Board of Director’s Mission Integration Committee concerning decisions made with the cultivation of the institution’s mission and best practices of the integration of the Characteristics of Marianist Education in the life of the school.
- Direct and provide consultation for the Mission Integration Teams and work collaboratively with its chairpersons
- Help equip the faculty to integrate into their courses and curriculum, where appropriate, an understanding of mission, Marianist values, and our identity as a Catholic institution
- Deepen the understanding of, respect for, and appreciation of the mission, the Marianist values, and our Catholic identity so that this understanding, respect, and appreciation will permeate the educational process, especially during the WASC Accreditation visit and the Marianist Visitation Program
- Explore and raise awareness about how world events and the school’s mission is rooted in the Marianists’ history and values as well as Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social justice
- Work collaboratively with the Religion Chairpersons and offer consultation of the integration of the Characteristics of Marianist Education and Catholic traditional values
- Work collaboratively with the Campus Ministry programs and offer consultation concerning mission integration initiatives of the Characteristics of Marianist Education and advance the spiritual formation component into a deeper vision of the Marianist values and Catholic education
- Provide a support for the Marianist chaplains in offering Spiritual Direction and/or Pastoral Counseling to faculty, staff, administration, students, and parents
- Promote a culture, organizational practice, and community norms that invite voluntary self-organizing conversations about mission, Marianist values, and our Catholic identity